Our SHINE centre is part of the school and community. Mrs Deen and Mrs Cooper, are in charge of the day to day running of the centre.
Miss Blount and Miss Beetlestone are supporting with parental workshops and bespoke interventions across the school. This is aimed at working with parents and giving ideas and strategies about how they can support their child at home.
Aims of the SHINE CENTRE
- To provide support that meets the differing needs of all children so that each child is equipped with the skills to cope with life.
- To provide an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all our pupils.
- To maintain an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
- To reassure parents/carers their children are being educated in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To motivate pupils to recognise and reflect upon our core values which are: Success, Happiness, Inclusion, Nurture, Enrichment
- To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the continuity and progress of individual pupils.
- To support and empower families who are experiencing challenges.
- To meet the differing needs of all our children so that each unique child is equipped with life-long skills.
- To enhance parental awareness of how children learn and the importance of education.
- To promote positive relationships with parents/carers through good communication and interaction.
- To make a positive difference within the wider community
What will the SHINE centre offer:
- Wellbeing and mentoring support for children
- Advice and support for parents
- Coffee mornings
- Uniform bank
- Baby & Toddler Stay & Play
- Shared Parent & Child Enrichment Clubs
- Curriculum Workshops
- Whole school events and fundraisers